Tuesday, February 11, 2014

*~Image~*



Why did I choose to write about images? Well, I was getting dressed one day and the mirror I was looking into didn't reflect the image I wanted to see. So I found another mirror.

I didn't stop changing mirrors until I found the mirror that reflected the image I wanted to see.

After that I sat and thought. I ask the question, what was I trying to accomplish? what did I want to see, or of a better question, what was I trying not to see.

I then decided to look up the word image: 1) A physical likeness or representation of a person, animal, or thing, photographed, painted, sculptured, or otherwise made visible. 2) An optical counterpart ...

After obtaining the meaning I focused on the second meaning ... An Optical counterpart.

I have surmised that although a mirror reflects my image, it does not depict who I truly am. Yet many people when you ask them who they are will reply by giving you their occupation. But, your occupation is not who you truly are.

Now back to our image: Our image can prove to be a great and detrimental enemy.  Or, it could be an asset, but only if the image I'm portraying is honest. Many of us hide behind our an image. We display what we want people to see, knowing quiet well that sometimes the image we are displaying is not who we truly are.

And yes, both men and women sometimes hide behind false images. The  enemy has only images and illusions. Behind which he or she can hides his or her true motives and self.

My question to you is this:
  • Is the image you are seeing or portraying your true self?
  • Do you think the image you are portraying make it difficult for you to live up to?
  • Is your image your enemy?
  • Is your image keeping you away from family, friends and finding true and honest love?
  • Is the image you're seeing in the mirror the person you want to be, trying to be, need to be?
  • Are you your biggest enemy?
The transparent  life is the life we should desire. The attitude should be, I know who I am and others know me. There is nothing hidden. We should be able to say ... I have come to know who I am as an individual and basically people get what they see in me.

Hiding your true self, pretending to be what you  are not can lead you to embarrassment. Don't let you become a farce.

Destroy the image that is not you and you will destroy at least one of your biggest enemies.


~These are my thoughts ... As always I welcome your thoughts~




No comments:

Post a Comment