Saturday, December 4, 2010

Mental Abuse....Tried, Proven and Victorious!!!

While on vacation and sitting in a restaurant today I found myself talking to a waitress. She came to the area I was sitting to take orders.


At first I wondered if she had an issue with me sitting and not ordering anything, even though I had ordered a meal earlier.

after everyone had left the area, she once again came back to clean. This time she saw me sitting and gazing at wall with my left pressing up against my head. She asked me, "are you okay"? "I replied yes", losing my train of thought. She replied, "oh, I'm sorry I disturbed you", and I said, "Oh, no. my phone rang and I became paralyzed mentally".

She asked, " may I ask what are you writing about"? I replied, "my thoughts are on mental abuse". From there she began to share with me concerning her twelve years of marriage to an abusive husband that mentally abused her. What a coincidence?

As she shared, I thought and wondered, how my women are walking around feeling the pain from men who have left them in an abused state.

Many of these men have moved on to new relationships, and are happy, while their ex-wives or ex-girlfriends are still hurting and remain in a metally abused state. Fearing to date again, based on past history.

I know what you are thinking, there are men out there in the same state, and you are correct.

Abuse of any kind, towards any sex, male or female can be devastating.

But how do you deal with mental abuse?

First, there must be a full surrender to God, for He alone can solve any and all issues that enter our lives.

If we desire to fully walk with Christ, there is a cost. We may give intellectual assent and go along with His principles and do fine; however, if we are fully given over to Him and His will for our life, it will be a life that will have adversity. The Bible is clear that humans do not achieve greatness without having their sinful will broken. This process is designed to create a nature change in each of us, not just a habit change. The Bible calls it circumcision. Circumcision is painful, bloody, and personal.

"But He knows the way that I take; when He has tested me, I will come forth as gold." Job 23:10

If God has plans to greatly use you in the lives of others, you can expect your trials to be even greater than those of others. Why? Because, like Joseph who went through greater trials than most patriarchs, your calling may have such responsibility that God cannot afford to entrust it to you without ensuring your complete faithfulness to the call. He has much invested in you on behalf of others. He may want to speak through your life to a greater degree than through another. The events of your life would become the frame for the message He wants to speak through you.

II-Corinthians 4:17...
Do not fear the path that God may lead you on. Embrace it. For God may bring you down a path in your life to ensure the reward of your inheritance. "For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all".

God has never, nor will He ever put more on you that can bear. Believe it...

I truly hope and pray that this reading will greatly help you as it has helped me as I was writing it.

Happy reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment