Wednesday, May 14, 2014

~Crisis or Opportunity~



Your surroundings and circumstances can cause a crisis, but with the right attitude,  Opportunity can sprout in the midst of the circumstances around you.

{Change your thought process ... Change your circumstances}

*************************************************************

We may not be able to control some events that happen in our lives, but we can determine if these events take control of who we are and how we are to live, moving forward.

Several years ago I was self-employed. I had an employee by the name of Percy Griffin, who later became a very dear friend and confidant. We all know what a confidant is: (A person someone trusts and discusses personal matters and problems with).

We use to call Percy Pops. That's because he was the elder on our team.  Percy had been through a lot. I recall stories he told me of things that happened to him.

As you know, in business and in life so many things can go wrong.  One day I had a major issue to occur. Wouldn't you know it, it was a big financial issue. One thing in particular I recall Percy saying to me during that time. He said "Bernie, don't look at the problem, think on a solution". These words still ring in my heart, loud and clear unto this day.

I learned through my friend, complaining don't help and being scare (afraid) paralyze you ability to think. If you cannot change what has just happened, then change the way of your thinking. You just might find the solution.

Remember, in an earlier blog I shared with you a statement made by the late President, John F. Kennedy in 1963, a few months before he was assassinated . He said Crisis written in Chinese represents two characters. (1) Danger and the other (2) Opportunity.

There are opportunities in everything that happens to us. We will only be able to see those opportunities when we cease to focus on the circumstances and start thinking on a solution.

Each of us have or have had dreams. We've seen these dreams fall by the wayside. But, you know what? There is always tomorrow to get started again.

I've had my share of ups and downs in life, just as you. I've felt the burden and pounding of my heart for something seemingly I could not control. I've acquired and I've lost. But thank God Almighty, I'm still here, just as you are, still here.

Moving forward, never look at your circumstances independently of thinking on a solution. Remember, fear is not from God. And, there is a solution to every problem, even if the solution is walking away and letting go.

Don't be afraid of the unknown. The only One that knows our future is God. But continue to persevere with the right mindset. Pray, Seek Him, Trust Him and trust the ability God has given you and in the person He has ordained you to be.

I was heading in another direction, but instead the road I was writing on lead me this way.

~I hope this makes sense to you. Nevertheless: These are my thoughts ... I welcome Yours.~ 

1 comment: