Thursday, July 2, 2015

...~Truth vs Lie~...






Beware, we always have to think about the decisions we make; not just for our own point of view, but how it affects other people. A lie's true power cannot be accurately measured by the person who believes it's deception when it is told, it is measured by the pain it produces once the truth is discovered.

No lie can live forever. A lie has a temporary life span. Personally I would rather hear the ugly truth than an obscure lie!

Lets look at truth: The truth can be messy. It's raw and can be very uncomfortable. And I guess sometimes you can't blame a person for resulting to less than the truth.

As I sometimes burn the midnight oil, I'm accompanied with pondering thoughts. These thoughts can sometimes reveal obvious and unknown truths. Truth can be painful, but it is still welcomed.

I understand the pain and discomfort of knowing partial truth. Yet partial truth can ignite the search engines of our minds and create curiosities.

After the truth is revealed to any of us, the next step is making a decision to change yourself and or the situation, because you cannot change anyone else.

I've come to understand that trust and truth are synonymous  and are sacred. And, when trust is violated it produces a gulf.  The gulf that is produced can make it very difficult to fully re-connect to the person or persons that told the lie.

I say this from the depths of my heart: A lie has no place, no home and is unwelcome wherever it shows up. The moment a lie leaves our lips it sprouts roots and spreads a cancer that is initially unseen, but eventually becomes visible and is deeply painful.

I use to be afraid of what I was unsure of, but no longer. Again, truth at best is in part. And, I believe knowing the complete truth of a matter can be more devastating. That statement makes me smile, because truth can sometimes bring pain and humor. But I still prefer the truth!

Making decisions is our God giving right. And, we all have the capability to make decisions.

Decisions can sometimes lead us down a path of good and bad; right and wrong, success and failure. I'd like to believe that most decisions are carefully thought out and then moved upon, but we know that is not always the case.

Non of us are infallible. Meaning we've all lied at one time or another. All relationships are built on this major ingredient, Trust. At least they should be.  And, if one lie can destroy a Nation, then we all should be aware of what it can do to a relationship.

My advice is this: Tell the truth...Always ... eventually the truth finds the the correct door to enter in. And, it usually enters at an inopportune time when the truth is revealed.

Love conquers  all. At least thats what the cliche' says. And I believe that it does. But I also say, feed the truth and starve a lie!


~These are my thoughts ... I welcome yours~


1 comment: