Saturday, August 11, 2012

This Is Personal......





Have you ever been in a situation where you really, honestly needed an intervention from God. Your problem was so traumatic, until it you didn't know which way was up? And it seemed as though God was deaf  and blind to your problem?

The dead-line upon you needed to met was fastly approaching and it seemed as though God was not moving in you favor. Your heart was racing, your chest pounding, fear has set in and and so has frustration. And now you are seemingly to emotional to even pray?

I personally know this situation all to well. Sometimes we feel that certain thing can't happen to us. Sometimes we feel as though we are invincible. But were are not.

This leads me to a personal story upon which I wish to share. It was a situation very similar to the above description and I began to get frustrated with God. Truth be told I became angry with God. However, even in my finite mind, I had enough sense not to utter any harsh words towards God. But I was also stubborn to the point that I refused to look up towards Heaven. I would not pickup my Bible and like a fool I ceased to pray.

To me my situation was GRAVE!!! I needed God's intervention, but in my site, Gods intervention was not to be found.

Listen, I was hurting, my nerves jumping all over my chest, I did not know what to do! I  remembered the words of God, but those words were not comforting to my heart,  when He said "Trust in The Lord with all your heart, and lean not unto your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge Him (God) and He shall direct your path.It meant nothing to me, at that time.

Now, I was discouraged, filling up with anger, frustrated, Irritated, confused, fearful. Then I reached a point where I would not pray. Pray for what? Nothing was happening in my favor!

Again, I had refused to look towards Heaven, read God's word or even acknowledge God.

I began to lose my appetite for food, I didn't care to go any where and yes my anger against God was increasing.

The thing about God is this,  God is Love, He is kind, Patience, Forgiving, Understanding and so many other Great things He is.

During my time of rebellion, silence and utter sin against God, He still reached out to me.  And He reached out to me in a  way that I could not see Him reaching.

When my heart began to forget my anger against God and focus on other things, God spoke so eloquently  to my heart and said so plainly, as though in an audible voice, but it wasn't. Yet it was a still small voice which said and I quote "Read The Book Of Job".

At that moment, I began to read The Book of Job as a hungry man looking for food, as a Camel needing to drink water and as a baby needing milk.

As I began to read the great book, The Spirit of God brought to a specific chapter. Now listen, all of the word of God is good and true, but The Spirit of God  highlighted the 38th chapter of The Book of Job in my heart.

As I began the 38th chapter, my heart began to have hope, My Spirit began to soar within. Help was approaching. What I wanted wasn't given at that time, but what I needed was.

As I read on in that 38th chapter of Job, the first verse got my attention:

1Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind:
2Who is this that darkens counsel by words without knowledge?
3Gird up your loins like a man, I will question you, and you shall declare to me. I other words; Bernard prepare yourself like a man; I have some question to ask you. And he did.
As I read on, I could not answer any of the questions that The Spirit of God ask me. 
Now .... The verses that brought me to tears was this: 

25Who hath divided a channel for the rain-flood, and a way for the thunder's flash;
26To cause it to rain on the earth, where no one is; on the wilderness wherein there is not a man;
27To satisfy the desolate and waste [ground], and to cause the sprout of the grass to spring forth?


In other word, this is what The Spirit of God said to me and in a language that I could understand;
Bernard, I send rain to places where there are no people. I send rain to places where no man's feet has ever stepped. 
I send rain to water the grass, in order that the blades of grass may grow. Then He said to me, If I care enough to take care of areas that are not known by any man ... Don't you think I care about your problems?
It was at that time, I fell to my knees, prayed, thanked and worshiped God. Because I now had an understanding - That If God cares about places that man don't know about, have never been, or ever seen; yet He (God) takes care of those places and things; Surely, because I was created in His image... He surely cares about me and my problems.
The moral to this story is this: God Speaks Through Circumstances!!!!!!!
  • God Care .. Even when we don't think He does
  • God Provides .. Even when we don't see where the provision is coming from
  • God Hears .. Even when we think He doesn't
  • God Loves You (Me)
  • God desires that we trust Him .. All The Time

It doesn't matter how major, how bad it seems, how dangerous it appears... Still Trust God and His Word!!!
I going to ask That you read the entire 38th chapter of the book of Job.  If you can, read the entire book of Job. You will be glad you did. Plus you will get a clearer understanding of Job's relationship with God and you just might discover, exactly where you stand with God as well!!!

Ooh!!! .... I almost forgot!!!! Yes .. God supplied my needs. He gave me what I needed and the help I needed. Yes, He provided in His and not my way. Either way ... God met my needs.
  • Trust Him ... At All Times
  • Believe in Him ... At All Times
  • Give God the opportunity to work on your behalf  ... Each and Every Time
  • Take God at The Authority of His Word ... At All Times
I hope this writing has helped you with whatever needs you have at this time....


These are my thoughts .... I welcome yours!!!



1 comment: