Friday, September 15, 2017

~*A Purpose for Adversity*~





Adversity for many appears to be a tragedy for most! As humans we do not like adversity. We like it most when things go smoothly, without incidents!  But, that is not the way the human life is to be lived or can be lived... As a matter of fact, it is clearly impossible to live in a world without facing uncertainty, doubt, confusion and for sure, Fear!

I honestly believe that adversity comes to make us strong. Struggle is necessary. When I was around 19 years old, I heard a story between two men. They were out hunting and one found a cocoon.  If I may, I will give the men names. Lets call one James and the other John. James decided to take the cocoon home and he sat it on his dresser. The Moth in the cocoon began struggling too gain freedom. James decided to cut the cocoon to make it easier for the Moth to gain freedom. Finally the Moth gained it's freedom, but being fully grown, it couldn't fly.

James and John met again for another hunting expedition. During their conversation, John ask James "how the Moth in the cocoon was progressing". James  answered by saying " when the Moth came out and though it was fully grown it couldn't fly". John ask, "what did you do?" James replied "I cut the cocoon to make it easier for it to gain freedom."

It was at the time John told James, The struggle in the cocoon for the Moth was necessary to build up the strength in the Moth's wings to carry the weight of his body, but because you (James) cut the cocoon you handicapped it for life. It will never fly"! ...I hope this story makes sense too you.

The essence of this story is to help you understand that adversity is necessary for our strength and growth. It makes us stronger to face the next challenge. It allows us the opportunity to tell ourselves, "I've been here before and I know I can make it".

 There was a little old lady that taught me in a bible class. Her name was Mother Ruth Lindsey! We called her Mother Lindsey. She had a saying that went like this. "The world is a school room, but experience is the best teacher." How true this statement truly is! Experience teaches us a whole lot!

The great thing is that God is always with us. Jesus promised never to leave us nor forsake us. Please take the time to read: Psalms: 37:23-28 and Psalms 112:7. Hold these scriptures close to your heart. They will be a present help in the time of need!  One DAY...


~*These are my thoughts ... I welcome yours and your comments*~

1 comment: