Saturday, December 3, 2016

~~~Choose~~~


Apart and Alone
       {Which seat do you choose?} 


There are so many truths concerning life. I believe we should find certain truths that pertain to us as individuals, making them  principles by which we live.

The human face can mislead in thousand different ways, but the eyes never change. Therefore, I always start with a person eyes. You see, eyes don't lie. I view the eyes as the open window pertaining to the status or condition of a person's heart and mind. This is strange, but sometimes you can look into a person's eyes and see yourself. Not from the mirroring glare, but the hidden you that you withhold from others.

Sometimes I feel like I live in a city of mirrors.

There are so many things that are important in life. But, sometimes prioritizing those things can sometimes be very difficult.  However, this is what I've come to understand; life is too short to waste any amount of time wondering what other people think about me. Besides, if they had better things going on in their own lives, they wouldn't have time sitting around talking about me.

Whats important to me, is not others' opinion of me, but my opinion of myself. Not being concerned of what others think of us is very difficult sometimes. I guess its fair to say, the first things we learn are the hardest to forget.

However, the person in this life that you will always be with the most, is yourself. Even, when you are with others or in a crowd, you are still with yourself, too! So, while other's opinions can affect us, my opinion of myself should matter most.

Our time here is limited and no one should waste time living someone else's life. There is a term called dogma, which is actually living the results of other people's thinking. Remember, you have an inner voice, don't let the noise of other people drown out your inner voice!

Marianne Williamson stated this:

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” 


So, be the man and woman, boy and girl God has equipped you to be. Never attempt to be anyone except yourself. Trust God with all your decisions and be obedient when He advises you as to which way you should go.


I hope these few words help shape your destiny. Dare to be different...

~Your feedback on this subject is greatly appreciated~

1 comment:

  1. i agree.. our presence automatically liberates others
    thanks BE
    best,
    RuangUji

    ReplyDelete